Baked Coffee & Walnut Bars
Enjoy the flavors of coffee and walnut in these baked bars that are perfect for breakfast or a snack!
1 1/4 cup butter
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
3.4 oz Currency Coffee Gold Certificate espresso, brewed
1/2 cup walnut pieces
1 cup whole steel-cut oats
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
1) Preheat over to 375 degrees
2) Line 8"x12" cake tin with parchment paper
3) Melt the butter in a pan with the syrup, sugar, and coffee
4) Stir in the walnuts, all oats, flour, and a pinch of salt
5) Press evenly into the tin and bake for 25 minutes, then set out to cool.
For the icing:
1/3 cup butter
3 tbsp Currency Coffee Gold Certificate espresso, brewed
12 1/3 oz icing sugar
20 walnut halves plus 2 tbsp finely chopped walnuts
1) Melt butter into the coffee, then stir into the icing sugar to make a smooth icing
2) Once the bars have cooled, spread the icing on top
3) Carefully space out walnut halves, then scatter the finely chopped walnuts over the top
4) Leave until the icing is set or place in the refrigerator.
Will keep up to a week in an airtight container.